How to get started with Cobra
So you want to begin painting with Cobra oil paint. In that case, it's useful to know what you need to get started.
- Firstly, there is the basic palette. You can learn more about the basic palette and the colours you can produce by mixing them in the 'Cobra Basic Palette' video.
- Wooden palette, tear-off palette or paint tray
- Slide your Talens palette cups on the side of your palette (you always have your mediums or water at hand)
- It is advisable to use mediums when painting in order to make the paint thinner or thicker.
- A palette knife comes in handy for mixing and can also be used to paint.
- If you are working on an easel, choose a brush with a long handle. A short handle is used for detailed work or working at a table.
- You can choose a canvas made of linen, a cotton canvas or a canvas board
- You can use charcoal to sketch out your painting.
- This can easily be removed with a kneadable eraser.
- Use an old cloth to wipe your palette knife and brushes.
- You will also need a jar of water